Want to see your photo featured here? Please send it to us for inclusion in our next newsletter.
Join us for...
Visit our booth!
APLD's New England chapter will be represented at booth number NM26, located within the 'Network Central' area along the eastern side of the exhibition hall floor.
Come to our meeting!
APLD's New England chapter will hold its annual chapter-wide meeting and elections on Thursday, December 1st from 10:30 to 11:30 am in Room 206B in the Convention Center. Chapter announcements and business will be conducted first, to be followed by an inspirational presentation.
This year's chapter meeting will feature a talk by Joyce K. Williams, APLD. Joyce will presenting a version of the lecture she co-presented with Ellin Hanlon, APLD in our sponsored series, "Successfully Navigating Landscape Projects through the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act" at Weston Public Library in November.
This event has been approved for one (1) APLD CEU.
We are looking for people like you to lend your voice and help guide APLD's New England chapter.
Enhance your professional profile and be part of the only national association for professional landscape designers.
Attend our chapter-wide meeting and elections, which will be held Thursday, December 1st at the New England Grows conference and expo in Boston (See 'Upcoming Events', below).
Volunteer to fill one of the following open positions:
- Presides over chapter meetings in event of the President's absence
- Handles duties assigned by the President
- Is prepared to move into the President position during the next election cycle
- Can be combined with any other officer position
- Support and promote the interests of the board and membership
- Attend to special projects as suggested by the President or Vice President
- Communicate to the membership information that may be deemed useful
- Attend chapter board meetings (~5 per year)
- Current members-at-large serve as website, newsletter and social media editors, sponsorship and events chairs
Treasurer (in Training)
- Assists with monthly and quarterly financial reporting
- Develops and updates website content and layout
- Recruits new chapter sponsors
- Coordinates renewal mailings to sponsors
- Works with newsletter editor on annual mailings to chapter membership on behalf of sponsors
- Serves as Point of Contact and handles booking of event spaces
- Coordinates setup of space, AV equipment, refreshments
- Works with editors to develop website, newsletter and social media announcements/marketing
If you or any other members you know may be interested in volunteering to fill a vacancy, please get in touch.
You can also sign up on the nomination form which will be available at our table (Booth #NM26) at New England Grows prior to the start of our annual meeting.
If you cannot commit to one of the above, but still want to help--speak up! You can help us on an as-needed basis. Greeting attendees at an event is one way you can be of help. Let us know so we can add you to our volunteer pool.
Members in the News
Matthew Cunningham to address Landscape Design Symposium
His presentation is titled “Creating Garden Momentum."
In order to stand the test of time, gardens need to be responsive to changing conditions even as they continue to meet aesthetic expectations and design ntent. Join landscape architect Matthew Cunningham as he explores how his firm’s projects evolve over time and how this shapes his process—from concept, to installation and management.
iFor more information about the Landscape Design Symposium, please see "Upcoming Events" (below).
If you or any APLDNE member you know has achieved a milestone, been profiled in local media or recognized with an award, please send us a notice for inclusion in our next newsletter.